Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chocolate Raspberry Cake (grain-free, gluten-free, vegan)


Sorry for the poor picture but I wasn't going to share this with you all because I thought it was just an experiment. However, once I tasted the tester I thought it'd be too cruel to not share this with you. If the tart I had on my birthday wasn't so delicious I'd say I wish I had this instead. The whole experience of eating it is just divine, raspberries, chocolates and almonds are made for each other. Additionally it has almond and peanut butter (a nut and a legume) which makes this a complete protein source:)  Incredibly tasty, vegan and gluten free, who could resist?!

Ingredients:
-1 ripe(black) plantain
-4 tbsps cocoa powder
-1 tbsp almond butter
-1 tbsp peanut butter
-1 tsp almond extract
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-3 tbsps date syrup/honey
-1/6 cup coconut oil
-1 dash salt
-1/4 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
-1/8 cup slivered almonds

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 5*7  baking pan. In a food processor/ with a fork combine all the ingredients except the berries and almonds. Then stir in the raspberries and pour in the pan. Sprinkle with the almonds and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes, take off foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Best enjoyed warm:)

No comments:

Post a Comment