Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Spiced Zucchini Smoothie (vegan)


 With the warm weather, garden veggies and my vitamix not fully broken in I came up with this recipe. It's delicious, filling and just leaves you feeling great! I've brought this into work the last two days since I don't get a lunch break and it lifts my mood and fill my tummy. This smoothie is slightly sweet and very reminiscent of a nice slice of zucchini bread in flavor. With that in mind, do something good for yourself and get blending:)

-1 small zucchini(~5 inches), quartered, stem removed
-1 apple quartered and cored
-1 cup of water
-1/2 cup of oats
-1/4 cup walnuts
-1/2 banana
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2 dashes of nutmeg
Optional- 1 cup of ice if you would like some crunch


Directions: Add all ingredients to your blender (chop them finer if it isn’t powerful). Turn on high for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are well incorporated. If you add Ice add it at the end and pulse to your desired crunch size.

No comments:

Post a Comment