Thursday, July 24, 2014

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


In case you couldn’t tell, we have an abundance of ripe plantains at my house right now. Not something I’m complaining about. That little tidbit and my sister’s boyfriend inspired this creation. How? You may ask,well, it all started when he found out I recently made s’mores and he wanted to know if there was anything I didn’t make. I realized there wasn’t much left; croissants, donuts and few other things that I want to create before the end of summer but what really got me sad was that I remembered I hadn’t developed my own chocolate cookie recipe yet. Not wanting to disappoint myself I got to baking these yummy treats.

I’ll admit they are no nestle tollhouse cookies, but they are extremely delicious. They received approval from my whole family and my sister has been bugging me to post the recipe for the last couple days. These cookies are soft, sweet and enclose warm, gooey chocolate. They taste nothing like plantains but are full of fiber, refined sugar-free, diabetic friendly and gluten-free. They are also higher in protein than your average cookie, so get baking you beast youJ

Ingredients:
-1 ripe plantain
-1 tbsp Kerry-gold butter, soften
-2 tbsps date syrup
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 cup cashew flour
-1/4 cup chocolate chunks (I used my homemade chocolate, but 100% dark or cocoa nibs also work)
Optional: walnuts, raisins, or whatever floats your boat

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2.       Place everything in a food processor, except the cocolate chips and blend until well combined.
3.       Stir in chocolate chips and pour out batter into cookie-shaped rounds onto the parchment paper.
4.       Bake for 15+ minutes, if they pass the toothpick test they’re done.

5.       Enjoy! (These are so good warm with a cold glass of milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment