Sunday, June 22, 2014

Red Wine Bison Steaks



Happy Father's Day! I know I'm several day late but why not have every day be father's day. In order to thank my dad for all the amazing things he does for me (paying for my education, investing in my future, supplying my carrot needs, loving me, giving me a real sense of self worth, and so much more) I had it all planned to make him a breakFEAST of all his favorites and pick some fresh blueberries from the bushes he bought with me in mind. Lo and behold he beat me to it. Nevertheless he did allow me to make him an apple pie and we cooked dinner together :) It was a supper fully enjoyed by all. Comprised of plantain cornbread, grilled zucchini and onion, brown basmaiti rice, bison burgers, buttered cabbage and these superb bison steaks.

These sirloins came from a trip to the farmer's market and were perfectly juicy, tender and flavorful. They filled a carnivorous hole in me I never knew I had. So next time you go to the farmer's market be on the look out for some delicious grass-feds bison for the grill.

Ingredients:
-1.5 lbs Bison Sirloin Steaks
-1/4  cup red wine
-2 tbsp olive oil
-2 tbsps fresh chopped sage
-1/2 tbsp thyme
-1/2 tbsp rosemary
-1/4 tsp ground pepper
-1/2 tsp salt
-4 cloves minched garlic

Directions: In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and massage the steaks for 1 minute. Let them sit for 2-24 hours in the marinade and then cook to desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment