Sunday, November 24, 2013

Worthy




    I believe that recognizing the fact that I am worthy is what inspired me to be healthy and stay healthy. After all, who wants to work out or cook or do anything if you’re believe that you’re nothing.  Now I realize this can be a hard concept to grasp but it’s true, you ARE worth it. The God of the universe had the psalmist write,  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful” (Psalm 139:14). That’s right, you are WONDERFULLY made, that means you as an individual were actually designed by God and you have a purpose. So don’t go comparing yourself to anyone else because being made by God should be enough to give you some hope.  And remember honey, God don’t make no junk!

     I also believe that my friends, family and my great God deserve the very best version of myself that I can give them. This means being physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually healthy. So even if you don’t want to do the work for yourself, do it for them. Do it so you get to give a least one more year to your spouse, kid, best friend, dog, cat, cuttlefish, whatever. Because you impact their lives, you make a difference, you brighten someone’s day whether you realize it or not.  And work toward realizing your self-worth and that God made you for a purpose and that it’s probably going to be a lot harder to accomplish that purpose if you’re sick in any area of your life.

So I hope this brightens someone’s day and I’ll leave you with one more God quote…

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment